http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFxylUv3mVk
Leave - By Glen Hansard, read this to that song for extra kicks and giggles...
I feel like a moron. Insensitive really.
My generation of Christianity is known for either associating with social justice or ignoring it. This week in New York City, my heart was crumbled and softened as I saw the finality of abortion.
I will never forget walking around the corner of a worn down building in Brooklyn to see David Pomerantz on his knees pleading with a young mother. Desperate, frantic even as he told the mother he would help her adopt the child, help her pay for it, help her choose life. Pleading for her to get a free sonogram with us and see her child. To know how important this decision she is making is. How final. He pleaded and pleaded trying everything and as her hardened heart stood unbreakable amidst the pleas Dave eventually just tried to tell her the harder truth.
He told her about abortion, how they do something so unnatural, so horrid. How they begin by scraping around in the womb of a woman with a round blade to remove her child, the life inside of her. He told her about how the doctors take the cut pieces of the fetus and reassemble them on the operating table just to make sure that they didn’t leave anything behind. Tears began to pour down the mother’s eyes. Her heart softening to the strong intense message. Yet she couldn’t hear anymore, stopped her ears, and ran in.
Dave got up and looked at us, tear brimmed eyes. Dave said he would remember that the rest of his life.
All I know is for the rest of her life. She will remember that.
It’s haunting.
Haunting to know that every girl who walks into that clinic could be a life lost.
It hit me. The severity of it all. The reality of it all. Abortion is a holocaust.
My friend saw a bag of dead babies being carried out the back. Surreal that it is even possible. It seems so barbaric, murderous, like John Wayne Gacy Jr., Ted Bundy, and Jeffery Dahmer made a family business. It is the haven of serial killing. It is death, it is brutal, and I knew it was evil.
My entire life, I knew abortion was wrong, I believed it. I talked about how it was wrong, knew facts, loved the sinner but hated sin… yet the gritty New York City Streets showed me firsthand the horrors of this generation. Sanctioned government murder. Millions.
MILLIONS.
These babies aren’t just an inconvenience, as we would be told, if given the chance we would see them by the identity they inherently have. Dave was an infant once, I was an infant once, your best friend was an infant once.
Suddenly the words social justice seem less like a sterile attempt to save the world as the life of a human being DOES depend on this.
Yet we didn’t just offer help to mothers. We offered the gospel. New Life.
And my heart was broken time and time again. This week 25 woman decided to get a free sonogram, to keep the child. That is incredible. It’s beautiful. I can’t help but shed tears though for the empty. For the mothers that toss and turn at night divest of the one bright spot in a dark painful life.
That is heartbreaking.
And for not ever really seeing that. For it not being real. For not praying for mothers to keep children with fervor. I feel like a moron.
It's like seeing the holocaust, and not doing anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment