About ten of us sat talking, and praying until it was dark... the campfire felt nice in cool night, as the strange sounds of a local grunge band filled the air. It's wonderful to meet Christians in the city.
It occurs to me I have no photo's of my homecity... no photo's in it either...
This is probably the closest I can come too...
A squirrel walked into my living room today, he was rather aggressive. I sometimes wonder if squirrels suffer roid rage in the Seattle area as they are three times the size of East Coast squirrels, unafraid of humanity, and dwell in kitchens.
Not much is happening today. Life is quite an adjustment from the busy 24/7 schedule of camp to the TV laden, occupy and entertain, world outside of Word of Life. I'm beginning to see more and more just how much I love Seattle, the people, the food, the unique flava-flav of a city. I'm so blessed to be here, and even tempted to steal photo's of seattle off of other people sites just to show how beautiful it is. Since I tend to obey copyright laws though I can just use stock photo's :( Camera... that's on my to do list, just for life. I was looking at photo's yesterday and realized I have only a handful with my best friend, and in reality? I need to just have more photo's...
http://www.harvest.org/crusades/2010/seattle/event-information/home.html
This is a great video on it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPua5787lUg
I need to learn Mandarin Chinese... It's known as Standard Mandarin, and apparently quite well spoken worldwide...
Easy, right? Mandarin is spoken by aprox. 1.365 Billion people... I feel kinda weird rounding down millions of people... but writing out the entire number is alot...
Apparently it's a really hard language to learn and master, I am still waiting on my copy of Rosetta Stone, so I am watching Youtube video's trying to pick up the sound of the language and learn basic phrases... Huzzah!
I always right to music and today I listening to Monkey Majik, a nice J-pop blend of music like Jack Johnson and the Canadian band Bear (SIC) Naked Ladies... It actually is composed from two Canadians and two Japanese people...
I like them alot... music means much to me, I listen to lyrics and fit them to memories, to life... life is kind of like a giant music video to me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njmp-QGRd0M&feature=related


No comments:
Post a Comment