Life is good, church this morning was a blasty blast. I got to sing "Alpha and Omega" with the choir, which is a grand ol'e Gaither song I am too young to know. Then my pastor said some hilarious things culminating in "You don't want to the only one at water aerobics who didn't go!" (In reference to the seasoned people in the audience)
A french missionary from Biblical Worldview Missions came. He talked about how we need to be giving, zealous, and the sheer painful cost of serving in a field with few to no results...
That's tough!
Like sobering to think... am I willing to give my entire life to missions... am I willing to give my life to God, even if I don't see results? He preached out of Hebrews 11 today... We all ate lunch together and talked alot about missions and Europe. Ironic that the French people are so tough when it comes to religion, and not to war. Alot of the conversation was about the Americanization of Europe and how it kills French culinary skill... I hadn't thought about how influential the U.S. was...
Then I went to the Asian food store. I always try to buy new products to see what I like and don't like. I really appreciate that in Seattle we have the Uwajimaya, which is as I see it kind of like a Japanese Wal-Mart. Except in Wal-Mart they wear sweat pants and look a little crusty. Everyone in Uwajimaya is proffessional and well... just better kept than your average Wal-Mart customer.
It's incredible to see all the Asiatic cultures, 6 years ago I only saw asians in Uwajimaya, but today I saw tons of genuine Seattlites and I was reminded how incredible a place this city really is. It's so diverse but also aware. People are not as ethnocentric as alot of places I've been too, they see other cultures, they experience other cultures.
I bought some pomegranite Aloe Vera drink, I love Aloe drink... I don't know if anyone has ever tried it... it full of gooey blobs, I imagine I'm drinking jellyfish. Only it doesn't sting going down! HUZZAH!
THE ALOE GLORY!!!!!
Anyways I bought a drink called Bacchus X (The original is Bacchus D)... I don't like Bacchus but I thought maybe... just maybe, this version will taste unique and interesting. I started drinking and have an uncanny knack for nailing flavors... it is the same flavor as Sweet-Tarts, Dirt, Grass, and Cough Syrup.
*shudder* I drank it and then read the label. It contained Ethanol... I don't know what that means, but I am from now on reading the labels VERY CLOSELY... (I always assumed that something like that would at least show up on the MAIN INGREDIENTS list)

Also known as Ichabod-F (The Glory has gone out)
I don't mind buying foreign snacks and beverages, when we get to bigger foods, there is alot of commitment and instructions I can't read so I stay away. I tried Kalamari the other day and a couple types of sushi. The bombdiggety...
Eh, I had quite a bit of fun regardless. I really enjoy these foreign stores. I think I'm going to try and get a temporary job at an Asian store in Texas.
Anyways! Things are looking great, one of my greatest supporters gave me 300$ today for my startup fee and it was so encouraging. He's got a heart of gold. I love that someone cares that much about me, like I don't deserve it, and it shows the wonderful grace of God.
I have a week left in Seattle, pray that I can minister to my family and God would continue to raise a support team!
I'm working on an article about the culture of Taiwan, plus also I'mma write one about Seattle, and Texas... I like to study other cultures and compare. With that, have a good life everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment